Reflections on Aoun, J. 2017. A Learning Model for the Future. In Higher education in the age of artificial intelligence. MIT Press. pp45-75

This is very relevant today and I felt this is very close to what my interests are. New typologies have emerged as a result of an acceleration in AI technologies and machine learning. The writings mentioned humanics. I think these concepts unifies my thinking on how I can start to leverage some of these in my teachings: marrying technology, data and irreplaceable human “literacy”

The other aspects mentioned were cognitive capacities which highlights critical thinking, systems thinking, entrepreneurship and cultural agility. This has allowed me to look at how we can use these insights to inform my teachings in technical studies where cultural diversity and sensitivity is important in my diverse cohort. I can start to think about how I can use an inclusive approach to deliver a technical lecture.

Our group discussion also highlights that this text is written in a “she” context which is interesting and refreshing. Perhaps, the author has taken an emphatic approach to highlighting situation of more women in technology /STEM subjects.

One Reply to “Reflections on Aoun, J. 2017. A Learning Model for the Future. In Higher education in the age of artificial intelligence. MIT Press. pp45-75”